Sunday, November 13, 2011

Broken Bells - rEProduced (a misshapedmixtape)

I'm going to take next week off (possibly), so that is my reason for posting two tapes at once. Also, I haven't posted a rock tape since September (don't worry, I have a doozy career-spanning behemoth planned for the end of this month!). Also, I've had this mix laying about for awhile anyway, so I figured it would be easy enough to throw up here quickly. So here comes the word vomit.

Broken Bells have three amazing songs that I love. I mean love love. They have helped to carry me from Southeast Asia back to the U.S. They give me chills. They are the anti-thesis to the new terrible Coldplay album. They are that hyphen that didn't belong in that last sentence. Yes, they are that cool. But no, I'm not going to tell you which three songs they are.

This is an EP-ish lengthed doohickey (third in my rEProduced series). It's probably not technically speaking an EP... it was going to be just six tracks off of their self-titled debut (which came out in 2010), but I ended up adding three more ("bonus") songs off of the strange but wonderful EP they released this year.

Danger Mouse is a great producer. James Mercer (from The Shins) is swell. And The Shins are (/were?) a great band. In fact, I think that The Shins MIGHT be doing something next year. I'm not sure about that. I've been out of the loop on rock music.

Anyway, I have listened to the Broken Bells debut album in this form for quite some time (meaning the first six tracks of this tape). And it's magical. Good music. Download. Support the artist. Their debut album is altogether mad decent. Buy a bell and don't break it. Whatnot and wherefore. Icebird (the new RJD2 project) kind of reminds me of this. In a good way. Check that out too. Keep it rocking, world. Good night.

Here's the songs on "Broken Bells - rEProduced (a misshapedmixtape)" [with your link to 'em in the "comments"]:

01 : The High Road
02 : Vaporize
03 : The Ghost Inside
04 : Sailing To Nowhere
05 : Trap Doors
06 : October
07 : Windows [Bonus Track]
08 : Meyrin Fields [Bonus Track]
09 : Heartless Empire [Bonus Track]

1 comment: